The UF Graduate School coordinates Fall and Spring orientation activities, to provide new graduate students with a summary of what to expect from your academic experience at the University of Florida, and your personal life in Gainesville. This page will be updated with further information as we approach the Fall semester.
New Graduate Student Orientation - January 3, 2017
Location - Carleton Auditorium
Presentation Slides - Click Here
Fall 2016 Presentation Recording - Click Here
TA Orientation - August 2017
Location and Schedule to be announced
TA orientation will cover the formal requirements of being a Teaching Assistant at the University of Florida, with presentations on a variety of topics, including confidentiality of student records, classroom challenges and accommodations, and sexual harassment prevention.
Orientation to Academic Life
In addition to our in-person orientation activities, you can get acquainted with academic life and campus structure at UF through our new orientation webpages, organized by topic. You can learn more about:
- Structure of Graduate Education at UF
- Academic Expectations
- Maintaining Your Academic Progress
- Online Resources
- Common Questions Before the Semester
- If you are an international student, the online orientation called Voyages provides information on visa requirements, housing, banking, local shopping and more.
- If you have questions about student life and related campus organizations to facilitate your transition to UF prior to your arrival to Gainesville, visit the Graduate Online Orientation website.
- If you have questions about satisfactory progress, your advisor, and milestones for meeting your program’s academic requirements, your graduate program can provide essential transition and orientation information for you as well.
Congratulations again on your acceptance to UF! We look forward to working with you throughout your graduate career, and hope you have a smooth transition into your graduate program.