New Tool for Graduate Students: Aurora by Beyond the ProfessiorateRelease Date: March 14 2022
The UF Graduate School is now pleased to offer all PhD students and postdocs free access to Aurora by Beyond the Professoriate, an eLearning platform with on-demand, self-paced learning modules that allow graduate students to explore career options and discover ways to apply the skills acquired through their education.
Aurora’s curated content consists of videos, and it provides information for students across disciplines in the arts and sciences. It was designed and built by PhDs — the Beyond the Professoriate team, as well as all of the contributors who deliver workshops and participate in career panels and interviews, are experts in their field who also successfully completed a PhD in the areas of arts, social sciences, STEM, business, and education.
If you’re curious about the skills you’ve acquired throughout your studies, potential non-academic careers, or strategies for applying and securing non-academic employment, Aurora is an invaluable resource. Complete a full course, and you’ll receive a certificate of completion.
Aurora benefits graduate students by…
- supporting career exploration.
- providing accessible, well-curated resources for busy graduate students.
- promoting engaged learning through reflective activities that encourage students to apply what they’ve learned.
- complementing existing on-campus graduate student career supports.
- offering recorded seminars, reflective prompts, and assessments that guide the student experience and foster user engagement.
You can access Aurora now by…
- clicking this link: Aurora.
- choosing “University of Florida” from the drop-down menu.
- clicking “Submit.”
- logging in with your GatorLink username and password.
Aurora is a welcome addition to our other UF Graduate School resources and tools for student skill development and career exploration offered through our Office of Graduate Professional Development (OGPD).
Questions? Email Dr. Talline Martins, UF OGPD Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.